Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-Secondary Students (FASP)
Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)
The above schemes are administered by Student Finance Office (SFO) under the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA) provide grant and/or loan to eligible full-time students pursuing locally-accredited, self-financing post-secondary education programmes at the level of associate degree, higher diploma or degree.
All SCOPE full-time locally-accredited degree programmes are covered by FASP and NLSPS.
For details of the schemes, please visit SFO website at:
For application, students are required to submit the online application through "SFO E-link" at:
Student Travel Subsidy for Post-secondary Students (STS)
The Student Travel Subsidy (STS) for Tertiary or Post-secondary Students provides travel subsidy to needy students who are succeeded in FASP application and attending a full-time day course up to first degree level in an acceptable institution, residing beyond 10 minutes walking distance from school and require to use public transport for travelling to school.
For details, please refer SFO website at: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/sts/overview.htm
Extended Non-Means-Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
The Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) provides financial assistance in the form of loan(s) to eligible students to settle tuition fees of specific post-secondary / continuing and professional education courses studied in Hong Kong.
All SCOPE Postgraduate, Bachelor’s Degree part-time programmes and some progressional education courses are covered by ENLS.
For details of ENLS, please refer SFO website at: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/enls/overview.htm
For SCOPE's eligible professional education courses covered by ENLS, please visit SFO website at: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/enls/general/courses/search.php
The SFO will review and update the Register regularly.
Student Finance Office (SFO) Enquiries
|24-hour Enquiry Hotline :||2802 2345|
|FASP Enquiry Hotline :||2152 9000|
|NLSPS Enquiry Hotline :||2150 6222|
|ENLS Enquiry Hotline :||2150 6223|
|STS Enquiry :||2802 2345|
Continuing Education Fund
Persons who -
- are Hong Kong residents aged from 18 or above at the time when the CEF course commences and at the time submitting claims for reimbursement;
- have enrolled in and paid the tuition fee for a reimbursable course before the course commences; and
- have not obtained any other publicly-funded financial assistance for the same course, module or unit of study credits.
When to Apply
- For CEF course which classes commence on or after 1 April 2019, eligible applicants should submit the application for opening an account together with application for the first reimbursement claim after the successful completion of the CEF course.
- Applicants are required to submit their reimbursement claims within one year upon successful completion of a CEF course.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the completed CEF application forms which bear SCOPE’s chop together with supporting documents by post or in person to the following address:
Office of the Continuing Education Fund
Units 07-11, 25/F., CDW Building
388 Castle Peak Road
Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
24-hour Enquiry Hotline: 3142 2277
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Tax Deduction for Expenses of Self-Education
The tuition fee paid for a SCOPE course to gain or maintain qualifications for use in any employment can be claimed as a deduction for salary tax. For more information, please visit the Inland Revenue Department website: www.ird.gov.hk or contact IRD 24-hour Hotline at 187 8088.