BA (Hons) English for International Corporate Communication
This programme nurtures students to communicate effectively in English in a wide range of social and work-related situations; it also develops students’ understanding in the specialist option – Marketing.
Students are also able to:
- engage in a structured training in English which allows them to participate in a professional environment.
- develop interpersonal skills, critical self-awareness and problem-solving abilities, in order to contribute to a changing international environment.
- develop a broad range of business registers in English, appropriate to interacting with employers and clients in a variety of professional contexts.
- Students learn English as it is used in the business world.
- Students can finish the full-time top-up degree programme in one year.
- Graduates may take up career positions in management, administration, marketing, public relations or Chinese-English bilingual communication.
Teaching and Learning
1 year (full-time)
Classes will be held at SCOPE learning centres in Kowloon Tong and Tsim Sha Tsui East, and/or other designated venues.
The teaching team comprises highly qualified and experienced local academics and practitioners in the relevant professional fields. They include a number of doctoral degree holders, who have publications in their specialist fields.
Students will have access to the CityU Library, Computing Services Centre and UCLan online resources.
Assessment for the programme is based on a combination of oral tasks, written assignments and tests.
Students will be awarded the BA (Hons) English for International Corporate Communication, conferred by the University of Central Lancashire, upon completion of the programme.
Late August 2022
The BA (Hons) English for International Corporate Communication (BAEICC) programme has been accredited by Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) as locally accredited top-up degree programmes to reach HKQF Level 5, which is equivalent to the standing of bachelor’s degrees offered by local universities in Hong Kong.
Students can enjoy the following benefits:
The degree qualification is formally recognized by the Government for employment purposes within the Civil Service, including the attainment of Qualifications Register at QF Level 5 for graduate posts.
Grants and Loans
Full-time students aged 30 or below are eligible for Government means-tested grants and loans as operated by Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency on very favourable terms, which are very similar to those offered for local degree programmes for full-time students.
Scholarships and Other Support Schemes
Students are eligible for Government scholarships and other support schemes reserved for locally accredited self-financed programmes.