BA (Hons) Applied Social Science
To provide students with a sound knowledge base in applied social sciences
To help students develop key personal and transferable skills associated with future employment in a rapidly changing society
To provide students with a sound academic base for their postgraduate learning
To cultivate students an open-minded attitude and independent learning ability for life-long learning
Is tailor-made for sub-degree graduates studying social sciences, social work or social welfare
Provides smooth and fruitful path to a Bachelor Honours Degree in 12 months
Equips students with broad-based social science knowledge through a range of compulsory and elective modules
Provides students an option to do a dissertation, which is particularly suitable for students who plan to pursue further studies
Prepares students for a wide range of careers in both public and private sector
Offers the SHU-SCOPE Transnational Education Student Award to outstanding students in the programme
- The programme is taught by highly qualified academics and practitioners from the CityU SCOPE, with support from the teaching team of Sheffield Hallam University.
- Learning and teaching are facilitated by various channels, including lectures, tutorials, workshops, as well as e-learning platform (Blackboard).
- Students are to take responsibility for their own learning through undertaking various independent work with appropriate guidance from the teaching team.
Teaching and Learning
- Classes will be held at CityU SCOPE Learning Centres in Kowloon Tong, Tsim Sha Tsui East and/or other designated venues.
- Student Support
- Students will have access to facilities and resources provided by both CityU and SHU, such as CityU’s Library and Computing Services Centre, as well as SHU’s ProQuest Central Database and virtual learning environment (Blackboard).
The programme will be administered by the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) in Hong Kong, while the Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) will monitor the teaching and progress of the programme.
Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Applied Social Science, which is conferred by Sheffield Hallam University.